Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We've had a busy October! I've been making a lot of birthday cakes lately. My girlfriend Anneice is a confectionery whiz, and has taught me a lot! She does it as a business....me, as a hobby. It makes me too nervous. Although I did agree to make my brother-in-law's wedding cake in December! So, either it will be great and I won't be embarrassed, or I will be ousted from the family. We'll have to see!
We've gone to the pumpkin patch this month, school carnivals, trunk-or-treats, etc. I'm exhausted. So is Ivy. She had the flu yesterday. Poor little lady! But she's doing great now, hopefully I've sanitized the boys enough that they can avoid it. I hate the flu. It makes me neurotic and anxious. After Ivy threw up the first time (during the night of course) I layed back in bed and was actually shaking. Strange, I know. A mother of three should be prepared for things like that. Not me. I can handle anything else you throw at me.....just not throw up.
On another note.....I was looking at the pictures I'd taken at the pumpkin patch. Mikey was at his dad's, so of course he missed it. It makes me sad that half of our family trip pictures are minus Mikey. Not that there's anything anyone can do about it. Rory only gets Saturdays off every so often, and it's usually when Mikey is gone. Kinda bums me out.
Well, here are some pictures of us this month. I'm glad it's almost over. Now for the holidays......(sigh). I'd better start shopping.

2 comments:

Kris Tracy Broc said...

Great job on the cakes. I wish I had the desire to do that. The kids look great.
I dont even want to think about the holidays yet. I dont have the slightist idea of what to get Broc, all he wants is Thomas stuff and he pretty much has it all.

"THE" fab 5 said...

What a great job on the cakes. You will do awesome with the wedding cake. Your kids are darling. We would love to see more pictures of them. I am with Tracy and not looking forward to the holidays, except to have the kids home from school. Hope you have a great week!