Thursday, December 11, 2008

From the mouths of babes......

Every now and again one of my children will say something awesome. Case in point:
Conversation A:
Mikey: "Mom, can we ride a bus one day?"
Me: "Why, we have a car."
Mikey: "It would be fun."
Me: "Well, they are dirty and cost money. I am already paying for a car & gas, I'm not going to pay to ride a bus as well."
Mikey: "We don't have to pay to ride the bus. Only black people do."
Me: (Mouth drop)"Uh, where did you ever hear that?!"
Mikey: "My teacher."
At this point I'm thinking his teacher and I should have a chat.
Me: "Well, that's not the case."
Mikey: "Yes it is. Like Martin Luther King has to pay to ride it."
Me: "Mikey, he's dead. That was years ago."
Mikey: "Oh. Do I have to pay to ride the bus then, too?"
Me: "Yes."
Mikey: "Then forget it...unless we can use YOUR money."

Conversation B:
I show Dylan a penny and a dime.
Me: "Buzzy, do you know what this is?"
Dylan: "Yes, a penny."
Me: "Good. Do you know what this one is?"
Dylan: "Yup, that's a diamond with Joseph Smith on it."

Conversation C:
Me: "Mikey, if someone were to ask you your religion, what would you say?"
Mikey: "I'm half Mexican, half Mormon."

Good times.

2 comments:

"THE" fab 5 said...

Mickey's comment on his religion was too funny. Gotta remember that one!
Kristin

Kris Tracy Broc said...

That was great, thanks for sharing